Why this happens
You may not be able to order some prescription items if:
- You need a medicine review
- It's too early to order your medicine
- It's an acute (short-term) or one-off prescription
- It has already been requested and you have a repeat dispensing prescription
What to do
If you need a medicine review
Contact your GP surgery to book a medicine review or to find out when you can next order your prescription.
If it's too early to order your medicine
Wait a few days, then check the NHS account again.
To check how long you must wait before you can order your medicine again, contact your GP
If it's an acute (short-term) or one-off prescription
You can't order acute or one-off prescriptions using the NHS account.
To check if it is an acute or repeat prescription in the NHS account:
- go to 'Your health'
- select 'GP health record'
- select 'Medicines'
- select 'Acute (short-term medicines)
If your medicine is listed, it cannot be ordered using the NHS account. You will need to contact your GP.
If it has already been requested and you have a repeat dispensing prescription
Your GP will have already approved your prescriptions for a specific period of time. You do not need to request the prescription again.