You can now travel abroad if you:
- had a full course of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (currently two doses)
- can prove this when travelling
How to prove your COVID-19 vaccine status
Using the NHS App
You can now share your COVID-19 status using the NHS App.
It can be found on the NHS App homepage and under 'your health'.
To use share your COVID-19 status when travelling:
- agree to the terms and conditions
- select 'continue'
- select 'travel'
- choose 'show detail' for the scannable barcode, or choose to download a PDF or receive an offline copy by email
Using a letter
If you are unable to use the NHS App, you can also request a letter proving your vaccine status.
To do this, call 119.
Your GP cannot provide you with a letter proving your vaccine status.
Please only request a letter if you:
- have been fully vaccinated by the NHS in England (please wait 5 working days after your second dose)
- are planning to travel in the next 4 weeks to a country that requires evidence of COVID vaccination
- cannot use the digital service via the NHS App or through the NHS website (www.nhs.uk)