This error can happen for a variety of reasons and is related to our service connecting to your GP's system in order to retrieve your NHS number from your record. These errors often happen when you have registered at a new GP practice, or an issue within your GP system has occurred. We're working on a fix that will stop this error appearing in future.
At the moment, the following steps will allow you access once again:
1. Check with your GP practice that their clinical system now displays your NHS number on your records. If not, you will need to wait until your record has been updated to show this.
2. Once your NHS number shows, your GP practice will also need to reset your online account then provide you with new credentials (Account ID, ODS code and Linkage Key/Passphrase) because the previous details will no longer work.
3. Please delete your NHS account by following this link: https://account.login.nhs.uk/#/manage-nhs-login/delete.
After you have deleted your NHS login:
- you will not be able to access other websites or apps that use NHS login (you may have to set up a new NHS login if you want to continue using them)
- those services might keep some information about you
4. Please ensure the NHS App/website is fully closed before attempting to log in again to allow you to enter the new credentials. You now need to apply the new details given to you by your GP surgery and your account should connect to your details successfully.
The resolution of your issue involves the interaction of your GP surgery to action the steps above. We would advise this is done via email or telephone to avoid a non-medical related visit to your GP surgery.